Talking baseball

• Steve Jones - SSC Editor (9/19/2012)

Ditto, I was hoping the Pirates would stay in it.

+2

I'm stoked that the Giants have improved while the Dodgers have devolved. Think the magic number is 7 as of this morning. Will be interesting to see if the starting staff gets out of their slump and the bats stay hot for the playoffs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • So, as it stands today what teams are the 'surprises'....

Positive:

Baltimore battling for the division lead against the Yankees?... who would have thought.

Oakland battling for the Wild Card.

The Reds in 1st place with a 10 game lead.

Negative:

Angels doing well but for the amount of money they spent in the off season, not good.

Tigers...

Marlins, for all the money they spent to be in last place.. Yikes.

What do others think?

• Yankees playing an afternoon game at Minnesota today!

I'm listening while I'm working. 8-2 Yanks, top of the 8th!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• If someone offered you a dream at bat, how would you feel?

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• calvo (9/27/2012)

If someone offered you a dream at bat, how would you feel?

Oh man! That's a memory that would last forever!

Granted, I'm usually not one for publicity stunts, but seeing that both teams are eliminated and have nothing to lose (and the Marlins can use the pub), what the hey.

Reminds me of a show called Sports Fantasy on NBC (remember that?) where people would write in with their sports fantasies, and NBC would grant them. One guy wrote in saying he wanted to get his revenge against a pitcher who struck him out in high school.

The pitcher's name?

Bret Saberhagen!

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Yeah, no playoff hopes so their season doesn't hinge on what this guy does at the plate.

But he's no regular schmo, he plays (played) baseball at the major league level. And it was the marlins who beaned him and ended his career. Good for him though, he'll at least be recorded as having an at-bat instead of a plate appearance.

There is a show that does something similar! He does "web redemptions" where people who flub something in a video can redeem themselves! Tosh.0 allows them to recreate the circumstances and perform once again. Ha, not quite a sports fantasy but the same idea!

______________________________________________________________________________________________

• So it's coming down to the last three games of the season, again. The last series for NY is against Boston and Baltimore is in Tampa Bay. Whoever comes out one game ahead will have a HUGE advantage. The winner gets the playoff spot while the loser has to put up their best in a one game playoff against Oakland.

This is going to be a heated series in NY. You have NY trying to sweep to ensure their berth and Boston playing spoiler to force them into a wild card playoff. Going to be a great couple series going on!

• oh man! If Oakland sweeps Texas, it will be Texas in the wild card playoff!

• Don't forget the watch to see if Miguel C. is going to be the first Triple Crown Winner since 1967.

My Red's are limping into the playoffs.... sigh. Lowest number of RBIs for Sept and second lowest batting average for Sept in all of baseball but the starting pitching and best bullpen in all of MLB is what is keeping them going.

• So the Tigers have a chance at clinching their division tonight...

I'm going to the SQL in the City in Chicago on Friday...

Anyone think I should wear a Tigers jersey to it?

Would there be security to protect me from ravening White Sox fans?

😀

• Definitely an interesting stretch run in the AL! So, Baltimore and the Yankees are both in; it's just a matter of who's winning the division. Texas and Detroit have pretty much clinched. And LA and Tampa Bay are battling it out for the last wild card spot!

Fasten your seat belts; the next few days will be a wild ride!

• And the Tigers take the AL Central!

WOOT!

:w00t::w00t:

• Ray K (10/1/2012)

Definitely an interesting stretch run in the AL! So, Baltimore and the Yankees are both in; it's just a matter of who's winning the division. Texas and Detroit have pretty much clinched. And LA and Tampa Bay are battling it out for the last wild card spot!

Fasten your seat belts; the next few days will be a wild ride!

Yeah. That's what I get for not paying attention to the papers before posting! So, the A's are in!

• So it's set!

Here's the bracket.

Miguel Cabrera is Mr. Triple Crown and should probably take the AL MVP. This is an amazing thing to accomplish. This fight also came down to the last game with Josh Hamilton and Curtis Granderson both finishing with 43 home runs.

Oh, and Boston didn't waste any time kicking Bobby-V to the curb. Already gone

• OK, the broadcasting of the games is shaping up to be a real suck-fest...

TBS gets most (all) the games, and because they can only show so many, yesterdays Tigers / As matchup went to the MLB Network. Which, depending on your TV provider is either:

A) A "premium" channel

B) Not available (my provider)

Grrr.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,096 through 1,110 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply