Talking baseball

• ... all I know is that my Red's are up 2-0 against the Giants. 😀

• 2-2 now, should be a fun game 5.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Reds and Tigers series are 2-2... Today decides it.

• Markus (10/11/2012)

Reds and Tigers series are 2-2... Today decides it.

"Reds and Tigers"? oh. You mean the Giants and A's. (let me name the two series with West Coast bias, please.) I'm looking for a Bay Bridge series so my Giants will have a chance to avenge the 4-0 sweep Oakland put on them in '89.

• john.arnott (10/11/2012)

Markus (10/11/2012)

Reds and Tigers series are 2-2... Today decides it.

"Reds and Tigers"? oh. You mean the Giants and A's. (let me name the two series with West Coast bias, please.) I'm looking for a Bay Bridge series so my Giants will have a chance to avenge the 4-0 sweep Oakland put on them in '89.

OK... I was just meaning the Reds and Tigers were both up two games to none and the series are now both tied...

I'd like to see a:

Reds vs Yankees, rematch of 1939,61,76

Reds vs Tigers, rematch of 1940

Reds vs As, rematch of 1973, 1990

Reds vs Baltimore, rematch of 1970

Hum... Reds have some history with all of these opponents huh?

• Markus,

At this point, it's just so much FUN, right? I like to consider myself more a BASEBALL fan than just a fan of the team I watched growing up. It'll be a great game for the "purists" today with the two aces going again. By the way, if your Reds prevail, they would probably still get a lot of support going forward from San Francisco fans -- Dusty is still loved here, for real.

• Watched the 10th-12th innings of O's/Yanks. Quite exciting, especially with the poor pop up play by the Yanks in the 12th. Thought the Os might take advantage there.

The hits by Ibanez the last week or so have been very exciting. I can see him going to WS MVP the way he's playing.

• john.arnott (10/11/2012)

Markus,

At this point, it's just so much FUN, right? I like to consider myself more a BASEBALL fan than just a fan of the team I watched growing up. It'll be a great game for the "purists" today with the two aces going again. By the way, if your Reds prevail, they would probably still get a lot of support going forward from San Francisco fans -- Dusty is still loved here, for real.

I am a Reds fan since I was a kid and always loved the Reds... it was a good time to be a kid and a baseball fan when the Red's were great in the 1970s that is for sure. However, I am a baseball fan and love the game and keep up with all of the teams and players as well.

Yea, Dusty is loved there I know.

Not sure what will happen today... Latos is very good but Reds offense can be shutdown easily. They started handicapped when Cueto went down one out into 1st game.. and worse it is a 5 game series. Oh well, ya gotta respond to what is going on or you go home and watch it on TV right?

• Giants get past Cincinnati, down 0-2, A's come back from a 3 run deficit in the 9th to get to game 5....I'm also rootin' for a Bay Bridge series.

Sacramento SQL Server users group - http://sac.sqlpass.org
    Follow me on Twitter - @SQLDCH

Yeah, well...The Dude abides.
  • Not looking good for the As' at this point.

Top of the 7th, Tigers have knocked in 3 runs with the bases loaded (and they're still loaded) with 2 outs...

• My Red's are out but I will continue to watch until the last out of the W.S.

Deciding game 5's today.

• Well, I just got back from a week and a half vacation today, so I haven't been doing much posting . . .

Jeter -- GAH!!! Our offense (or lack of) was already hurting with him (one of the few productive bats) in the lineup. Now we have to go on without him? My gut feeling is that Detroit won the AL pennant after he went down.

And as much as I love my Bronx Bombers, it still irks me that Joe Girardi still insists on the "bombers" part. Okay, we have a rep as a homer-happy team, but it bugs me that we rely on the home run. The big hit won't always be there. We really need to play small-ball. I still think our best team in the past couple of decades was the '96 team that played a National League-style of ball. Yes, we were still the Bronx Bombers, but we could also manufacture runs if necessary. That's what this team needs to do -- and isn't.

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• A little umpire booboo helps too, the Tigers I mean.

Man it seems as though Yankee fans have already given up on their team! You're only down 2-0. Remember back in the day when New York was up on Boston 3-0 in the ALCS. The only people that gave up on Boston was Yankee fans, sports announcers, and everyone else not in Boston. The Red Sox ended up coming back and winning 4 straight games to take themselves to the World Series and eventually defeat the Cardinals in another 4 straight games. Keep hope!

(man, I love telling that story)

______________________________________________________________________________________________
    Forum posting etiquette.[/url] Get your answers faster.

• I am pulling for the Tigers... why... they haven't won the World Series since 1984.

• I'm a Yankees fan, and the 4 run 9th was amazing the other night, but otherwise they haven't shown much. Course, I remember back in the mid 90s when the Braves went up in the WS and the Yankees came back to win.

However if one of the 4 is to win, I have some love for the Tigers, as Markus noted. They haven't been there recently and the others have.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,111 through 1,125 (of 1,967 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply