The Missing Certification

• I find your arrogance appalling. You refuse to say anything about yourself, but want to know our MCP # (note: it's a MCP #, not a MCITP #). Since your claiming to have certifications, why don't you provide us with your MCP #?

Please post your MCITP number so I will know you are qualified to participate in an academic discussion about post MCITP credential. The reason is when I registered for my MCDBA upgrade exam the system checks to make sure I had MCDBA and I have passed 70-431. So please post your MCITP DBA number so we can continue.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Gift Peddie (3/29/2010)

Please post your MCITP number so I will know you are qualified to participate in an academic discussion about post MCITP credential. The reason is when I registered for my MCDBA upgrade exam the system checks to make sure I had MCDBA and I have passed 70-431. So please post your MCITP DBA number so we can continue.

So what is your constructive idea to make the certification program better? I provided my #, now let's discuss.

Nobody is trying to keep you out of the discussion. In fact there have been several invitations for your to elaborate further. Open invitation. Keep your bias and title at the door as we have tried to do with you.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

Curious, what do you think potential employers may say about this particular thread?

A mob of white men telling the black woman to run along because academic discussion is for white men and the added woman not necessarily skilled. There are many such threads in Microsoft technology forums.

Microsoft makes technology easy so people who are men in most cases plot to keep the skilled woman and other minorities out.

I don't ask for anything I just ask keep access open, make sure the people at the gate are skilled and free of personal biases.

If PASS is inclusive the person in my chapter with the most compelling SQL Server technology was a black man, he was never asked to present. Instead I spent five years listening to the good, the bad and the ugly. I corrected the code for many whom Microsoft never ask back. There was one woman presenter and she was skilled but was going back to school because no one will talk to her about development related positions.

What he was running you have to pay for the datacenter edition to run it in SQL Server 2008 R2.

You know what, we have a small team that provides all the support for PeopleSoft HR and Finance systems where I work, all are female, and all are highly skilled individuals that I'd work with any where.

No where on here have we told you to run along. We have asked repeatedly for you to explain what your issues are and how you would suggest approaching those issues. We have asked you to clarify and define your posts so that we could understand what it is you are trying to say. You have not taken that initiative. Instead you continue to attack and denigrate the ideas being presented without offering anything in its stead.

What I see is a single individual with a chip on their shoulder the size a Gibraltar, who refuses to participate in what could be a significant technical discussion.

• @Gift

I stated at the begining that I don't have one. That doesn't preclude me from having an opinion on a public discussion. Especially in America where this discussion is hosted.

Also, you haven't posted yours yets so by your logic you need to stop your diatribe.

EDIT: removed the quoted text.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

I find your arrogance appalling. You refuse to say anything about yourself, but want to know our MCP # (note: it's a MCP #, not a MCITP #). Since your claiming to have certifications, why don't you provide us with your MCP #?

I've seen this enough, it reminds me of a track on a Monty Pyton record: "The records stuck, tk, the records stuck, tk, the records stuck, tk..."

I find your arrogance appalling. You refuse to say anything about yourself, but want to know our MCP # (note: it's a MCP #, not a MCITP #). Since your claiming to have certifications, why don't you provide us with your MCP #?

As I said earlier, I'm not certified, but I have worked with MS SQL Server since version 6.5 through 2008 (not R2) and I feel extremely comfortable discussing the requirements for a mid-level certification between MCITP and MCM. I am also confident that if you'd care to pay for my taking the exams, that I would pass them for both DBA and Developer without much hassle at all.

• Lynn Pettis (3/29/2010)

... for my taking the exams, that I would pass them for both DBA and Developer without much hassle at all.

I find this to be quite supported by what I know of Lynn.

Learn Extended Events

• I too have been trying to stay out of this as it is clear that one person has been trying to hijack this thread due to what I can only imagine is some sort of deep-rooted insecurity.

But this is too, too much:

A mob of white men telling the black woman to run along because academic discussion is for white men and the added woman not necessarily skilled.

Personally, I had no idea what Gift Peddie's race or gender was, and it is clear to me that neither attribute was pertinent to any of the posters in this thread as they responded to her inane (and largely incomprehensible)postulates.

What I have noticed is that this person:

Has not had one single poster involved in this thread say that they agree with her, yet she still insists that she knows better than everyone else what they are trying to say. If she possesses so much truth I would think at least one other member of SSC would recognize it.

Has insulted several different groups with ridiculous over-generalizations (FYI: my sister-in-law is from just outside of Milan and neither she nor her family are snooty or aloof). Yet, when she can no longer come up with anything resembling a cohesive argument she blames this on everyone else's prejudices.

Has now developed the obnoxious habit of replying to everybody's posts by asking for certification ids. This is clearly a pathetic last gasp as all of her other arguments are clearly as ineffective as they are infantile. As noted by many others, she fails to provide any such credentials for herself, and even if she could, it is a moot point, as why on earth should she be the one to set ridiculous reuqirements for taking part in this discussion. It strikes me as being very much along the lines of (but nowhere near as effective as): "Fine, if you won't play by my rules, then I'm leaving and taking my ball with me."

All in all, a sad, sad state of affairs.

And it's a pity that one person, so pathetically desperate for attention, would go to such lengths to hijack a thread that other community members seemed to be enjoying.

• Is this our Illustrious Gift Peddie?

Edit: Added attachment in case of a profile change.

Learn Extended Events

• Steve Thompson-454462 (3/29/2010)

But this is too, too much:

A mob of white men telling the black woman to run along because academic discussion is for white men and the added woman not necessarily skilled.

Personally, I had no idea what Gift Peddie's race or gender was, and it is clear to me that neither attribute was pertinent to any of the posters in this thread as they responded to her inane (and largely incomprehensible)postulates.

I, as well, had no idea of her ethnicity or gender until she brought it up herself. That knowledge was not a basis for the discussion nor was it necessary.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

Is this our Illustrious Gift Peddie?

I believe so.

• Lynn and me saw this yesterday also found her to be an MVP whose title was revoked in 2007. I guess the conversation had to reach a climax somewhere for her to leave and in a way am glad it did.

Just fyi, gift lady, if you are listening - I am a 'colored' woman and have been talking here loud and clear for a while now. My first job was at an all woman run IT training company where i taught people to be certified on Visual Basic. I also run a PASS Chapter for 7 years now. I have had women, colored, white all kinds speak at my chapter, worked for me and I've worked for them. You probably ran into some bias somewhere and I don't deny for a minute that it exists. But to come into a forum and accuse people randomly of all this without even having the courtesy to introduce yourself is rude and disgusting. I hope at some point you will reconsider some self examination and/or getting some help for facing the world in a better way. The fact that you are still in this country perhaps proves something is right about what we do, that includes how we treat people like you. Thanks.

• dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

Lynn and me saw this yesterday also found her to be an MVP whose title was revoked in 2007. I guess the conversation had to reach a climax somewhere for her to leave and in a way am glad it did.

Just fyi, gift lady, if you are listening - I am a 'colored' woman and have been talking here loud and clear for a while now. My first job was at an all woman run IT training company where i taught people to be certified on Visual Basic. I also run a PASS Chapter for 7 years now. I have had women, colored, white all kinds speak at my chapter, worked for me and I've worked for them. You probably ran into some bias somewhere and I don't deny for a minute that it exists. But to come into a forum and accuse people randomly of all this without even having the courtesy to introduce yourself is rude and disgusting. I hope at some point you will reconsider some self examination and/or getting some help for facing the world in a better way. The fact that you are still in this country perhaps proves something is right about what we do, that includes how we treat people like you. Thanks.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

Just fyi, gift lady, if you are listening - I am a 'colored' woman and have been talking here loud and clear for a while now.

Thank you.

Learn Extended Events

dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

Lynn and me saw this yesterday also found her to be an MVP whose title was revoked in 2007. I guess the conversation had to reach a climax somewhere for her to leave and in a way am glad it did.

I met your requirements and am still waiting for the discussion.

Learn Extended Events

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 685 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply