The Missing Certification

• Why should we limit this discussion to only those who are currently certified MCITP's? I am not currently certified, but I am confident that if I had the time to take the required tests that I could easily pass the tests.

Many of us know the drawbacks of the MCITP certification and how people can game the system.

The idea here is to try and come up with a mid-level certification that would demonstrate knowledge and the application of that knowledge in a manner that would hopefully reduce the gaming of the system and add credibility to the certification.

I feel that many of us on SSC, certified or not, are more than qualified to participate in such a discussion.

This is, after all, an open forum and all that wish to contribute in a constructive manner are more than welcome to participate. What does help is garbled communication, and bashing of corporations, groups and individuals. If you wish to participate, do so, but be sure you are communicating in manner that is understable to others. So far, most of your posts have simply been incomprehensible.

• Me too..and i think the person in an odd way has succeeded in distracting the discussion totally in her favor...thereby proving it not worthy of having at all. I dont know about others but I do feel kind of silly even talking to her so long.

There are so many places people can go to to resolve communication and cultural issues, here we are trying to educate someone who is repeatedly belligerant/arrogant and not interested.Just a waste of time.

Please post your MCITP number so I will know you are qualified to participate in an academic discussion about post MCITP credential. The reason is when I registered for my MCDBA upgrade exam the system checks to make sure I had MCDBA and I have passed 70-431. So please post your MCITP DBA number so we can continue.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Lynn Pettis (3/29/2010)

Why should we limit this discussion to only those who are currently certified MCITP's?

... because doing so would limit the number of people who could post in here and it would then be easier for someone to defend her points, if I can call them that.

Alvin Ramard
    Memphis PASS Chapter[/url]

All my SSC forum answers come with a money back guarantee. If you didn't like the answer then I'll gladly refund what you paid for it.

For best practices on asking questions, please read the following article: Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url]

• Gift Peddie (3/29/2010)

Me too..and i think the person in an odd way has succeeded in distracting the discussion totally in her favor...thereby proving it not worthy of having at all. I dont know about others but I do feel kind of silly even talking to her so long.

There are so many places people can go to to resolve communication and cultural issues, here we are trying to educate someone who is repeatedly belligerant/arrogant and not interested.Just a waste of time.

Please post your MCITP number so I will know you are qualified to participate in an academic discussion about post MCITP credential. The reason is when I registered for my MCDBA upgrade exam the system checks to make sure I had MCDBA and I have passed 70-431. So please post your MCITP DBA number so we can continue.

None, i work for Microsoft. What do you want now, my employee id?

• I meant that as a joke, kinda lost it 🙂 Anyways nobody has to be 'certified' to discuss..we are sql server professionals and involved in this community, is that not enough? And why would we lose input from people like Jeff and Grant? And why are we taking this person so seriously? To my mind that seems to be the issue, everyone taking one person seriously and for all you know she may be laughing her behind off.

And that's why THEY don't understand each other!

And that's why WE don't understand each other!

It has nothing to do with the SUBJECT MATTER.

So why did you post it?

The Napolitano is warm and friendly, the Vienezano is cultured and reserved and the Milanese is snooty and aloof.

You generalization about Italian people is exactly that, a generalization. Have you ever been in Italy?

I have no MCITP number to offer you.

Thus I presume there is no point to continue.

Me too..and i think the person in an odd way has succeeded in distracting the discussion totally in her favor...thereby proving it not worthy of having at all. I dont know about others but I do feel kind of silly even talking to her so long.

Hmmm.

K fine then. I will bite.

Jason...AKA CirqueDeSQLeil
    Learn Extended Events

• dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

I meant that as a joke, kinda lost it 🙂 Anyways nobody has to be 'certified' to discuss..we are sql server professionals and involved in this community, is that not enough? And why would we lose input from people like Jeff and Grant? And why are we taking this person so seriously? To my mind that seems to be the issue, everyone taking one person seriously and for all you know she may be laughing her behind off.

I believe she finds this to be quite the game now.

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

I meant that as a joke, kinda lost it 🙂 Anyways nobody has to be 'certified' to discuss..we are sql server professionals and involved in this community, is that not enough? And why would we lose input from people like Jeff and Grant? And why are we taking this person so seriously? To my mind that seems to be the issue, everyone taking one person seriously and for all you know she may be laughing her behind off.

Curious, what do you think potential employers may say about this particular thread?

• Lynn Pettis (3/29/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

Curious, what do you think potential employers may say about this particular thread?

Which pieces of it?

The constructive pieces? (You guys rock and that is very cool stuff you are coming up with.)

The counterproductive pieces? (Not a very good perception, let's talk about something different :-D)

Or all of it in general? (They might think we have a screw loose...)

Learn Extended Events

• CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

Lynn Pettis (3/29/2010)

CirquedeSQLeil (3/29/2010)

dma-669038 (3/29/2010)

Which pieces of it?

The constructive pieces? (You guys rock and that is very cool stuff you are coming up with.)

The counterproductive pieces? (Not a very good perception, let's talk about something different :-D)

Or all of it in general? (They might think we have a screw loose...)

Yes.

Well, let's look at from a prospective employers point of view. I have Googled an individual and this thread came up. So I read the various posts by the individual, what perception do I get of the individual. Please, don't focus on only one person, put look at the participants in general. What types of individuals are represented?

• I've followed all 30 pages and have been quiet to this point. @steve-2, I enjoyed your editorial. Up to this point in my career the only cert I have done is the A+ exam as it was required from an employer back in the mid 90's. Since then it has never been required from the companies I've worked for.

@Gift, I'm sorry, I've tried to understand what you write but I cannot. Discussion should be something that everyone can understand if they have atleast a basic understanding of the topic. You may have some value in what you are trying to say but it isn't comming accross with the profundity that you think it does. It is comming accross as jiberish. The words are english words but there is no meaning with the words applied together. Someone said that you sound like you are speaking through a translation program. If that is the case you may want to try another program. There is too much lost in translation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Use Full Links:
    KB Article from Microsoft on how to ask a question on a Forum

• Curious, what do you think potential employers may say about this particular thread?

A mob of white men telling the black woman to run along because academic discussion is for white men and the added woman not necessarily skilled. There are many such threads in Microsoft technology forums.

Microsoft makes technology easy so people who are men in most cases plot to keep the skilled woman and other minorities out.

I don't ask for anything I just ask keep access open, make sure the people at the gate are skilled and free of personal biases.

If PASS is inclusive the person in my chapter with the most compelling SQL Server technology was a black man, he was never asked to present. Instead I spent five years listening to the good, the bad and the ugly. I corrected the code for many whom Microsoft never ask back. There was one woman presenter and she was skilled but was going back to school because no one will talk to her about development related positions.

What he was running you have to pay for the datacenter edition to run it in SQL Server 2008 R2.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• @Gift, I'm sorry, I've tried to understand what you write but I cannot. Discussion should be something that everyone can understand if they have atleast a basic understanding of the topic. You may have some value in what you are trying to say but it isn't comming accross with the profundity that you think it does. It is comming accross as jiberish. The words are english words but there is no meaning with the words applied together. Someone said that you sound like you are speaking through a translation program. If that is the case you may want to try another program. There is too much lost in translation.

Kind regards,
    Gift Peddie

• Michael Meierruth (3/28/2010)

Gift Peddie (3/26/2010)

If you did not see it I left out condescending. Now have a nice day.

Gift Peddie,

Above is the last thing you said.

I have read this post with great curiosity and I have dedicated most of this Sunday morning to it.

In particular, I'm intrigued by your use of often perfect English and your use of English which, at times, needs a considerable amount of imagination to comprehend and, at times, is truly incromprehensible.

And I would not exagerate to say that, at times, I thought your responses were from a computer.

Your name is intriguing in itself.

Would you care to introduce yourself on the recently opened 'Where are you' blog?

I'm curious as hell!

Gift Peddie (3/28/2010)

Where are you' blog?

I'm curious as hell!

I would not but to all who wants to know I was born in a war zone, that is all I care to share.

Kind regards,

Gift Peddie

Gift Peddie (3/29/2010)

I find your arrogance appalling. You refuse to say anything about yourself, but want to know our MCP # (note: it's a MCP #, not a MCITP #). Since your claiming to have certifications, why don't you provide us with your MCP #?

Wayne
    Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
    Author - SQL Server T-SQL Recipes

If you can't explain to another person how the code that you're copying from the internet works, then DON'T USE IT on a production system! After all, you will be the one supporting it!
    Links:
    For better assistance in answering your questions
    Performance Problems
    Common date/time routines
    Understanding and Using APPLY Part 1 & Part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 685 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply