Where are you?

• Michael Meierruth (5/3/2010)

How about: LETSTRYAGAIN.

Do you think this will get them on board?

we can hope so

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Bhuvnesh (5/3/2010)

I dont understand why we have very few girls in database field ? , i think ROLLBACK doesnt work for them πŸ˜€

There's a joke here I seem to be missing. As I am one of those few girls, could you perhaps explain?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin (5/4/2010)

Bhuvnesh (5/3/2010)

I dont understand why we have very few girls in database field ? , i think ROLLBACK doesnt work for them πŸ˜€

There's a joke here I seem to be missing. As I am one of those few girls, could you perhaps explain?

that was a catch for girls, so that they can come and introduce themselves πŸ˜›

I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Chris Morris-439714 (1/22/2010)

Born Compton Basset near Swindon, moved to Padstow, Cornwall then Gibraltar then St Eval, Cornwall then Kinloss in the North of Scotland then Aberdeen Uni then Edinburgh Uni then London. Now Reading, Berkshire & working in the pretty town of Leamington Spa.

I work in Leamington Spa too, small world πŸ˜€

Hope this helps,
    Rich

[p]
    [/p]

• Bhuvnesh (5/4/2010)

Brandie Tarvin (5/4/2010)

Bhuvnesh (5/3/2010)

Although. in the minority with respect to numbers, the girls that are here represent their skill set very well and can most certainly get their point across when necessary. I think "a catch for girls" can be misconstrued as demeaning so you may want to re-think before you actually post. Language variances can lead to misunderstanding the original intent of the poster.

Some final thoughts: "more is not necessarily better". Based purely on numbers, men have a large chance of providing correct, on-point answers on the forum but also we have more chances to totally screw things up! :w00t: and "be careful what you wish for. You might just get it" - no explanation necessary. Simply ask your wife/partner for clarification.

--Edit: Soon to be living in Countryside - south and west of Chicago, as opposed to in the city proper.

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• rdouglas66 (5/4/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (1/22/2010)

Born Compton Basset near Swindon, moved to Padstow, Cornwall then Gibraltar then St Eval, Cornwall then Kinloss in the North of Scotland then Aberdeen Uni then Edinburgh Uni then London. Now Reading, Berkshire & working in the pretty town of Leamington Spa.

Too small, stop following me!

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• Chris Morris-439714 (5/4/2010)

rdouglas66 (5/4/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (1/22/2010)

Too small, stop following me!

Who? The men in white coats carrying a net?

• tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

Sorry, guys. I'm the one who called the WhiteCoats, but I thought they were going after my local Users' Group, not y'all.

@=)

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

You see them too!

β€œWrite the query the simplest way. If through testing it becomes clear that the performance is inadequate, consider alternative query forms.” - Gail Shaw

For fast, accurate and documented assistance in answering your questions, please read this article.
    Understanding and using APPLY, (I) and (II) Paul White
    Hidden RBAR: Triangular Joins / The "Numbers" or "Tally" Table: What it is and how it replaces a loop Jeff Moden

• tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

Bhuvnesh (5/4/2010)

Brandie Tarvin (5/4/2010)

Bhuvnesh (5/3/2010)

Although. in the minority with respect to numbers, the girls that are here represent their skill set very well and can most certainly get their point across when necessary. I think "a catch for girls" can be misconstrued as demeaning so you may want to re-think before you actually post. Language variances can lead to misunderstanding the original intent of the poster.

Some final thoughts: "more is not necessarily better". Based purely on numbers, men have a large chance of providing correct, on-point answers on the forum but also we have more chances to totally screw things up! :w00t: and "be careful what you wish for. You might just get it" - no explanation necessary. Simply ask your wife/partner for clarification.

--Edit: Soon to be living in Countryside - south and west of Chicago, as opposed to in the city proper.

APOLOGIES but you took my words wrong. my only intention was to have healthy conversation blended with good sense of humour. i do respect for members here who have good knowledge or they are keen learner.it doesnt matter whether they are girls or boys.

• That's why I put the caveat in there about language nuances. I knew what you meant and I'm sure Brandie did too but a newcomer might not - they might think they were in a chat room, trying to get picked up. :w00t: No harm, no foul!

• Chris Morris-439714 (5/4/2010)

tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

You see them too!

Actually, I see dead people!

• tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

Chris Morris-439714 (5/4/2010)

tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

You see them too!

Actually, I see dead people!

Was there a full moon again in Chicago last night?

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• Actually no, it was "waning gibbous". Probably why I couldn't see the whitecoats!

• tosscrosby (5/4/2010)

That's why I put the caveat in there about language nuances. I knew what you meant and I'm sure Brandie did too but a newcomer might not - they might think they were in a chat room, trying to get picked up.

Actually, when I originally asked what the joke was, I was trying to decide whether or not us "girls" had just been insulted.

I gave the benefit of the doubt though, since it felt more like it was a poor translation into English.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply