Where are you?

• I wasn't sure either whether there was an inside joke or if we were just being welcomed, so I appreciate the comments that followed. I'm not a database administrator but love queries. I use them in programming and to analyze what's what in packaged software that we use, which can be very helpful in debugging. I've learned from this site and recommended it to several people. I know quite a few female programmers, but don't know whether girls are less well represented in database administration or just less represented online. :unsure:

Dawn

• dlautwein (5/4/2010)

but don't know whether girls are less well represented in database administration or just less represented online. :unsure:

Dawn

my guess is less represented in database administration. Otherwise, I'd be willing to bet that there would be many more here searching for or providing answers. We're all just a bit lazy from time to time (at least I am) and will search for a resolution and an explanation as to why and how the suggestions meet our needs when we're totally stumped. Then we place it in the old memory banks for future use. It's a beautiful thing!

-- You can't be late until you show up.

• @tosscrosby,@Bhuvanesh,

Yes true that girls/ladies are lesser represented. But right now SQL communities' top contributers are women.

Gail Shaw

Kalen Deanley

Kimberly tripp

Michelle ullford (sqlfool)

Lyn shea

Personally, I am huge huge huge fan of Gail ji and Kalen Deanley. 🙂

Btw, I am from Chennai, India. Living in Singapore for the last 3 years.

• Notice I didn't state there aren't any females, simply fewer than men. I follow Gail on a few different boards and she is always dead-on with her responses and you can almost take what she states as the absolute truth. Kalen and Kimberly I don't see as being active on the various forums I frequent but I do admire their work, from books to blogs. Unfortunately, I don't recall the other two ladies but that's not meant as a put-down. Just shows that depending on which boards you frequent, the different mix of people you come in contact with. I still stand by my statement that I believe women are in the minority with repect to representation but by know means are they any less talented. Some, dare I say, are quite superior to a lot of the men I see posting. Now, having said al of that, I admire anyone that I can learn from, regardless of gender, race, religion, etc. - I'm very selfish that way in that I want what they have - SQL knowledge.

• In the BVI (british virgin islands)

near carribean islands (west indies)

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Posting for the sole purpose of making sure this thread isn't relegated to Page 2 . . .

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Check out my blog at https://pianorayk.wordpress.com/

• What a guy!

• tosscrosby (7/9/2010)

What a guy!

:hehe:

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• I think I just noticed why...you started the thread!! 😛

• tosscrosby (7/9/2010)

I think I just noticed why...you started the thread!! 😛

But of course! 😀

• India --> chicago

chicago --> British virgin islands

British virgin islands--> ??

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• sushantkumar1984 (7/28/2010)

India

Exactly where in india ?

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

• Exactly where in india ?

Jaipur..

What abt u

Regards,

Sushant

Regards
    Sushant Kumar
    MCTS,MCP

• Norway, Stavanger.

• sushantkumar1984 (7/29/2010)

Exactly where in india ?

Jaipur..

What abt u

Regards,

Sushant

Delhi

-------Bhuvnesh----------
    I work only to learn Sql Server...though my company pays me for getting their stuff done;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 490 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply